Position Title/Start Date: Market Manager / (ASAP)
Location: Houston, TX
Company Profile: Everyone deserves access to water. Not just any water – clean, fresh, sustainable water they can feel good about drinking. But can that happen when the bottled water industry was built on draining local water supplies, purifying water with harsh chemicals, and creating massive carbon footprints by shipping products vast distances? The answer is simple: Rain, caught clean before it hits the ground, bottled fresh from the clouds, and sold in the communities where it is captured. That means no harsh chemicals, no draining of local water reserves, and no shipping halfway across the world. Richard’s Rainwater started with a quest to get cleaner, better-tasting water for a ranch near Austin, TX in 1994. That dream has grown into a movement to provide clean, great-tasting water for everyone, everywhere – packaged sustainably and with a minimal carbon footprint. Join us and #drinktherain
Position Scope: The Market Manager will work closely with the Richard’s Rainwater sales leadership to further the development, sales, and promotion of the brand and build brand loyalty for their prioritized accounts and territory across all sales channels with a primary focus in the on premise and local retail accounts
Sales Business Management
- Establish and manage relationships with key on premise customers to drive distribution and velocity programs.
- Identify independent retail stores and manage distribution sales to these new accounts.
- Work closely with leadership on merchandising priorities within national and regional retail accounts.
- Execute a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives in the market as assigned by leadership teams.
- Translate national business strategy into clear and regionally, locally (or channel) executable plans and focus resources accordingly within the territory.
- Analyze monthly depletion reports, pinpoint opportunities for underperforming distributors, accounts, and routes.
- Leverage key consumption data sources, developing fact-based plans and solutions.
- Ensure all sales efforts are in compliance with state laws
- Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail and on-premise distribution, and competitive activity and pricing
- Market analysis to track brand’s performance and inform sales / marketing decisions
- Build innovative presentations for total business and distribution partners designed to initiate an action-oriented response.
Business Building Initiatives
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment and meet deadlines on time.
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing against the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives and company/supplier initiatives
- Targets and opens new accounts as well as assisting the account and distributor relationship to ensure product lands
- Analyzes territory and account specific business to clearly understand key business drivers
- Reviews business volume and business building initiatives with “A” accounts on a quarterly basis
- Sets volume goals with each account that include execution against Richards Rainwater KPIs.
- Convinces key decision maker to implement strategies and tactics to drive volume/consumer off take
- Routinely performs Staff Education/Energizers to ensure brand understanding, perfect serve, and encourage optimum pricing
- Proactively shares examples of Richards Rainwater marketing activities to demonstrate key points of difference to competition.
- Required to build weekly route lists based on reporting, distributor management and market knowledge
Relationship Building Activities
- Routinely engages in activities to build relationships with key influencers in accounts and territory
- Develops relative industry relationships that results in business building initiatives
- Develops and implements incentives and staff activities for key customers
- Collaborate with the corporate and field-marketing teams to create comprehensive marketing plans to profitably increase market share.
- Develop and execute initiatives that strengthen bond with fan base.
- Execute weekly Demos, Tastings, Happy Hours and Community Events to the RRW Standard in current and potential accounts
- Deeply passionate about the Richard’s Rainwater brand, inspired by what we represent, and have a desire to make an impact with your career.
- 2+ years of experience in sales within a consumer-packaged goods company (beverage preferred)
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail and on-premise accounts.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you can run with something from beginning to end
- Works well with ambiguity – can navigate in the grey and asks the right questions to get at the solution
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in a start-up organization (think rapidly growing / changing environment)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, DSD depletions, Retailer Portals) and Trade Math (selling price, margins, etc.) and ability to evaluate the business and your performance analytically
- Strong planning, organizational, project management along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Analyze opportunities quickly and have an ability to execute company goals efficiently
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving
Please email cover letter and resume to: Include the position you are applying for in the subject line.